He seems happy to be back, I think he was glad to see the others. He also has been eating well- one of the side effects of this antibiotic is sores in the mouth, so I have to watch carefully that he doesn't go off his feed. They gave me 2 doses, and I have to go back tomorrow for the next 2. It's pricey, and if he goes off of it I don't want to be stuck with too much left on my hands. They have to suspend it in a gel- which he gets in the morning only. And, the wrap is to be changed every other day. It is a lot less labor intensive than before! For that I am grateful. And also grateful to my Mom and Dad who floated a bigger loan than I ever anticipated. I'll be paying them off for eons, but hopefully I've done the right thing and he will be sound!
I was there when they took off the wrap yesterday- the swelling is significantly down. It is still somewhat puffy over the hock- but they want me to do the next 2 wraps with the sweat material and they hope the last will be gone. He is on stall rest until they reevaluate him next Monday; then hand grazing, then hand walking. So, we are looking at a few more weeks until he will be ready to go, but I can wait. I have no choice right?! And, the weather has been pretty crappy so motivation is low anyhow. I just want this all to be over and done with... well, it wont be done for a long long time. Let the payments begin!