Tuesday, April 13, 2010

12 weeks but not quite 3 months!

Another week with Wes! It's so hard to believe it has been almost 3 months already. My little man changes every day it seems. For now, he loves his play mat and will give me 20 mins or so of play time when he is happy there! We hang his favorite dragonfly and he will chirp and coo and swing his arms and legs. He gets almost 1/2 way over back to front. He can get onto his side, but can't get the "oomph" to push past his arm and roll all the way over. But I don't think it will be too much longer before he figures it out! He will also hang out in his pack and play and swing at his dragonfly and watch his mobile. It is so nice to have a place or two to let him hang out so I can have both hands! It's amazing how many things you can really do with only one hand, but man - it sure is nice to have them both free once in a while!
Wes is growing like a weed- he's my little porker- he was 12lbs 14.5ozs on Saturday... piglet! The larger 3month items still fit, but anything that ran a little small is mostly out now! I'm guessing we will have to size up in his cloth diapers this week- I need to prep all of that stuff so we will be ready- my breast milk production is pretty slow at this point. Although we do "nurse" a few times a day still, I know I'm not making much- I think I may have to phase it out pretty soon which makes me sad.
At the Pinewood derby the other day the kids played with the sleeping baby and staged a scene with him! Here he is asleep "listening" to his i-pod! I wish the wing wasn't in the shot, but the kids were just playing around and it was too cute! He did so well that day at the races. He was happy pretty much the entire event- he got passed around and helped to entertain us all. He had a few bottles and even took a little nap! What a good baby- a high school gym will a few hundred people and he was happy as a clam!

He has really figured out how to suck his fingers and is very proud of himself! In fact, sometimes he is just so ticked with his talent that he will try to do both hands at the same time! They "fight" each other and get drooled all over, but he loves slurping away! It's so funny when he gets vigorously sucking and gags himself- we just crack up! "Slurp, suck, slurp, suck- hack, hack, hack, sputter, sputter, sputter, slurp, slurp, slurp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment