Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Bill really fumbled his way thru this one this morning... "well, you've been Mothering for a long time... but happy first "official" Mother's Day!"

Bill isn't always good about making a big deal of holidays. He's more of a "you want something, so buy it" type guy... gifts aren't really his thing. I let him know a few weeks ago that if he chose to "ignore" the day I might get my feelings hurt. I just thought I'd let him know it was important to me! Well, I got a great set of Adirondack chairs (built together with a small table in between) and a new picnic table for the deck. He really didn't have to go that far- but I'm so glad he did! Our table has been slowly rotting away for a few summers now, and was so bad I refused to sit at it. I'm not sure if the idea was his, or if he got help... but either way I am thrilled to have a new one as we really did use the other one until it got so bad. It was a great gift, and I will be so glad to sit out there once the weather turns back around!

We went up to the farm house for a brunch with Bill's Mom this morning. Olivia and I made yogurt parfaits and I made lemon muffins. A Houston specialty for holiday morning is egg puff- so of course we had that too! Everything was yummy and I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted in celebration (I'm down 4 pounds this week!) I had my coffee nice and creamy and enjoyed every bite of my breakfast.
We then took the time to get started on our communal garden. We planted peas and broccoli, cauliflower and onions. It was quite cold and very blustery so we didn't last too long! Bill and his Dad worked on a few yard chores while Billy and Savanna chose to stay indoors. It was a very nice day, and I'm happy to have some time to play on the computer this afternoon... Happy Mother's day to my Mom, my Sister and all the other Mother's out there too!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a wonderful way to spend your first (as Bill says official ;) Mother's Day!! I am so happy for you - what a lovely spread and day to celebrate with your family!

    Lots of love, Kelley

    ReplyDelete