Thursday, May 6, 2010

Diet, Day 4

Having done this once before (I lost 50 pounds 7 years ago...) I know that motivation can be borrowed! So, following my Mom's ( http://www.bethscards.blogspot.com ) challenge; minus cards and pages... I started to "diet" on Monday. Mostly watching my calorie intake for each day, trying to stay between 1200 and 1300 as well as attempting to increase my activity level, I've started the process. I am on day 4, and cheated by getting on the scale. When "dieting" I try not to weigh myself more then once a week- it's such a drag to watch the numbers go up and down and we all know how much we can fluctuate over the course of a day or two... I stick to once a week same time same circumstances (like Sunday am, right when I get up) but needed a boost to keep going today... I wanted that gratification of "on the right track." And, granted it's only been 4 days- so it could all be water weight, or just normal ups/downs... but according to my new bathroom scale, I'm down 2.5lbs already! Yipee. Only 57.5 more to go.... Wes on the other hand is gaining overnight! He is up to 14lbs 11ozs today- "Chub" we call him.

No comments:

Post a Comment