Monday, March 15, 2010

Westley- Week 8

Saturday marked 8 weeks with Wes. We had a busy week, time sure is flying! He goes for his 2 month Drs. appointment (vaccinations!) this week- yipes!
He has been very good lately- he is typically fussy only at night- 6-9pm or so seems to be prime fuss time. He slept "thru the night" March 8-9th. He went from about 11pm until 6:30am. I'm sure it won't be a frequent event, but I'm happy for the sign of whats to come! He typically is up once (usually 4am or so) and will nurse and go right back down... the length of sleep cycles is certainly stretching. I really can't complain though, he has been so easy so far. Mostly during the day he is happy and a pretty easy going guy. He naps in the car, well anytime you snap him into his car seat really... which makes errands and such a cinch. He is getting better with nursing, and we are about 1/2 and 1/2 now for breast/formula. He certainly eats more volume from the bottle, but we are able to breastfeed about every other feeding.
He weighed in at a whopping 11lbs 9ozs on Saturday. I have been doing his weekly weigh ins, so I can monitor his growth on my own. I am confident the Dr. will be happy with his gain- he is right on track with about an oz a day right now. This past week he gained exactly 7ozs... I'm waiting for his newborn cloth diapers to stop fitting, but so far I've been really happy with them. We had a rash issue from the scrub they used at his circumcision, but that it totally healed now. He is in cloth all day and typically I use one or two disposables per day... it's pretty tempting at night, when I know they hold so much longer!
I'm still without my computer, so blogging is hard- today I managed to sneak in some time on Bill's computer and downloaded my camera; I'm tired of waiting! I guess I need a new video card, got to find some room in the budget for that... hopefully it won't be too long until I get it fixed! Wes changes so quickly; keeping up to date is pretty important at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment