Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Girl Scout Shower

Last night at our Girl Scout meeting, my girls and their families surprised me with a baby shower! It was so sweet of them, and totally unexpected (I can't believe Savanna didn't breathe a word of it!! She is not know for being too good with secrets) The girls were really adorable, and I wished I had my camera. My phone doesn't take quality pictures... especially in low light with crazy moving targets!
The parents and one of my co-leaders had set up a bunch of games for the girls to play and organized some treats to eat! The activities were so fun to watch- the girls were having a blast. I love my Girl "sprouts" and have really enjoyed being their Leader- they are all very excited for the baby, and it was so sweet to see them celebrating his birth! I am blessed to have such good families in my troop, they really were too kind! I'm so glad to have them in my community, we are all really lucky to have each other! I know I am going to be busy, but I can't wait to take the baby to meetings- I am going to have so many little helpers! Being busy was the theme for one game... they had to hold a telephone receiver and a baby doll and then relay race each other hanging up baby laundry on a clothes line with old fashioned wooden clothes pins! It was hysterical to watch. They also did a matching game with baby socks, a relay race with a straw in their mouths where they passed a pacifier with no hands, an ice cube game with little baby's frozen in the ice, a feeding baby game where they were blindfolded and had to "feed" cotton balls to each other without dropping them, and a cute game looking for small diaper pins in a big bowl of rice. They also used fabric pens to decorate burp cloths which I got to take home.
I got more fun gifts, and we had some yummy snacks! I even baked chocolate chip cookies for my shower... I had no idea what we were doing for the meeting, and felt like I needed to bring something- I was so out of the loop for the planning it felt odd. But, now I know why they kept me out of it- what a surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment