Monday, January 11, 2010

39 weeks

Well, here we are, another week down! I am getting really excited to hold this little one in my arms... and not my belly! I'm glad to have made it this far, and will not complain about the pregnancy at all... but I will say it will be nice to have my body back! We were talking about it at PT today, and I will be interested to see who much of a difference delivering makes in how I feel about my mobility and such! I have Wednesday and Friday appointments booked with them... with the knowledge that if I don't show- they will know where I'm at! Being in the 7 day countdown is exciting... as long as I don't think too long about going overdue!

We had a productive weekend finishing up last minute baby stuff. We had to de-Christmas... always a sad time for me! I love the holiday so much, and even though I didn't play a huge roll in decorations and such this year- I was sad to see it all go! Once we got the tree out, we could set up the pack-n-play in the living room, and also the big swing. I was able to clear out all of my stuff from the linen closet in the bathroom, (where it ended up while I was stuck up here) and get all the clothes I know won't fit right away packed up so my maternity stuff could go back in the dresser. Once I had the closet cleaned I could bring up the diaper stuff for up here, and get his little area established! It feels good to have the house clean and his things ready!

My bag is packed, and so is his. The car seat is ready to get installed in the car (waiting for the last second, as we already have fights over who sits where in the car!) we have typed up our "birth preferences" and now we are just waiting... We have plenty of toilet paper, the oil tank is full, the freezer is stocked, my laundry caught up... I do need to place a grain delivery order for Friday but other than that we should be good to go! A few weeks back Bill requested that I not let the car get down past 1/2 a tank of gas and I have been good about keeping it pretty full, so we should be set to run if we need to! The weather looks clear, no major storms on the horizon (a concern of mine.... laboring and stuck in a snow storm!) Auntie Anna should be ready to come at the drop of a hat, and we are blessed to have her on-call for the kids and animals!

Maybe it's TMI, but I lost my mucus plug Friday evening (grossing both Bill and my Mom out considerably! What, doesn't everyone take a picture and e-mail their Mom at the OB unit for consultation?! Just be glad I didn't post the pic here!) so I'm hopeful that things may start to happen sooner than later! We have out last scheduled OB appointment Wednesday, and I may opt for the cervical exam to see if she can tell his position, I still don't feel like he has "dropped" and that bothers me. Is there a reason he isn't coming down? Is he going to be still a few weeks away? It he going to be a drop and come sort of guy not giving me much notice?! I am tired and maybe somewhat "crampy" but nothing that makes me think delivery is eminent! I know it's on the horizon... I'd just love to know when he is going to make his big debut! Please don't let him be 2 weeks late!

1 comment:

  1. LOL about the mucous plug. If I remember correctly, that can happen a week or minutes before the water breaks. My kids were both born five days before their due dates. If you are in a lot of pain during labor, try sitting up if they will let you. I discovered during my second pregnancy that sitting in a chair instead of lying in bed can speed things along. I wish I knew that during my 14 hours of labor during my first pregnancy. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete