Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Cards

Savanna's card uses the Just Jawing set that she loves so much. I wasnt sure I needed to add these stamps to my collection until she begged! I added google eyes to the skull layered it onto a regal rose circle and put the whole thing onto a piece of georgia peach dsp (that I added little hearts to) I hope she likes it- she used this set to make her valentines for school... she was the only one in her 3rd grade class that had homemade cards.
Billys card is the two birds from Love Owl-ways (winter mini) a sliver of so saffron from the original paper pack and a stripe from the old friends and flowers scrap kit. I was happy with how the ribbon from the winter mini matched. I stamped his sentiment crooked, so had to add the little rose red layer- and its not centered. oh well.


Olivias is a bit more sophisticated- shes really growing up! I love Season of Friendship, and am pretty sure I need the new tree set from the spring/summer catty... even though I already had SOF and Trees Three. sigh. I added a small heart (from Goodie Goodie Gumdrops) on pretty in pink and rose red circles punched out with a bit of dazzling diamonds added for shine. The leaves are old olive and old olive stamped off once. I used the border punch and some kraft taffeta to add a final touch.

Bill's card I made a while back during a stamp fest with my pal Cindi. I wanted to show her 2 step stamping, and the older Wild Rose set. I was just playing, and took the time to make the piece into a valentines card. The roses are rose red and regal rose, the leaves mellow moss and always artichoke. I added red stickles to the roses, and used the corner punch to do the corners. I love the mellow moss taffeta. It may be my favorite ribbon! The chocolate rub-on is from chit-chat. I surprised myself with remembering to use rub-ons!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, they are all so sweet! You did good today! Sorry about the bugs...

    ReplyDelete