Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Adventure Begins


I have been toying with the idea of a blog for some time now... and I must admit, that naming this online space was my biggest hang up. I just couldn't decide what would be an appropriate name for the space where I wanted to keep an online journal and record of this crazy adventure that is my life. Today, as I was waking to take the girls to pony club lessons, it dawned on me that "Flying Changes" is a wonderful equine term that really defines much of my existence. Each day around here flys by and some days I have to stop and wonder how it is that I where I am... a house, honey and kids. Horses and dogs. Stamps and cards. It seems like as fast as things change, they stay the same. As with any growing family the changes are minute and monumental all at the same time. I hope to be able to use this space to document all that we do here on our little farm in Maine- all the small triumphs and huge accomplishments. All the little sorrows and trauma that accompany us through this life.


My goal is to be able to share with you the joy of raising three amazing step kids, some of the adventures we have with our horses as well as some of the paper crafts I come up with. I'm sure I will have other things that I want to work through as well, but for now its a start! I hope you can hang on for the ride- 'cause around here it's flying changes!

2 comments:

  1. HEY!!!! look who "found you"!!!! I am so excited to add another great blog to my list of reads!!!! looking forward to wonderful stories about family and furries!!!!! congrats......

    ReplyDelete