Friday, August 6, 2010

A Day on the Boat

Bill had arranged his week so he could have Thursday free to take the boat out for it's big launch! We packed up and spent the day over at Grandma and Grandpa Houston's lake house. We put in at the public launch at Horn Pond, and though Bill was nervous it all went smoothly. We got her in with no problem, the engine fired right up and Bill was able to drive it right away. I parked the truck and trailer and Olivia and I swam out to jump on!
The kids were really looking forward to the trip, and although it was a grey overcast day we had so much fun! It was hot and humid and after grabbing Grandma and Grandpa (and Beagle too) we trolled the pond awhile, then stopped to jump off and swim.

Baby Wes did well on the boat, his life vest is a bit big (even though it is proper size and "fits" in that respect) and he has this sort of "swallowed up" look in it- but needs to be safe or Mommy won't go! He swam a bit when we were at anchor... dangling off the swim platform and holding on tight to Bill or I- but he really is fearless! At one point I was in the water and Bill was holding him at the back of the boat. He was fussing and putting his arms out to me, so I went ahead and took him into the water... she squiggled right around in my arms and reached right back for Daddy! It was a bit chilly for him without an adjustment period! He did later get all the way in, but we all laughed as he quickly changed his mind!

By far my favorite part of the day was tubing. I'll admit that my throat is a little sore today from all the screaming! I just love to be pulled on the tube! My first trip my tankini bottom did come all the way down...oops! I laughed until i thought I was going to drown. It will be a one piece next time I guess. Bill bought the kids and himself wet suits; he very thoughtfully got one for me. He brought them home and presented them to us all and I promptly burst into tears. Yup, I cried. There is no way this bulgy body is squeezing into a casing like that! It was a nice thought and all, but thanks anyhow.

The kids love to fish and Savanna got 3 small ones and Billy caught this
After swimming and tubing and having a nice meal at Grandma and Grandpa's it was so relaxing to end the day with the rods as the sun set...

I hope we have many more of these days on the boat

1 comment:

  1. Can I come live with you guys? You always do the most fun family outings! Congrats on the new boat. Looks like TONS of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete