Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DeChristmasing



This past weekend we 'deChristmased" the house. It's always a sad time when we have to put away all the holiday decorations. It's sad to see the house "plain" again, but also sad to have to pick-up and pack and lug all the big totes. I certainly don't look forward to the chore, but with Wes' birthday coming up fast, we needed to get the house back under control. So, goodbye dear Christmas decorations, we will see you next year! Please note the pitiful expression on my tree. All the ornaments from about 3 feet downwards had been taken off, thrown about and put back on higher up. It was a pretty sad looking specimen by holiday end... only 346 more days until we do it all again!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. My house always looks so bare after the new year. Once September hits I pull out the fall\Halloween\Thanksgiving decor, then switch it out for Christmas. Once it's all down it's just looks so boring.
    I'm sure that next year our Christmas tree will look just like that. Full on the top, bare on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete