Sunday, January 16, 2011

1-16-11= 1 year!

My beautiful boy turned one today! This year has been the fastest in my life. I really flew by! Look how big I've grown!

Wes hasn't put on much weight these past few months. He was 21lbs 13 ozs this morning on our baby scale. He goes into the Dr later this week, so we will get the official weight in, but I think moving away from formula and onto mostly food in addition to cruising around so much has helped him plateau. He is down to just an 8oz bottle at "nigh nighs." He doesn't drink a lot of cow's milk, but we are working on it. He loves water and I sometimes give him a little juice (1/2 and 1/2 H2O) to keep the fluids going. My (very inaccurate) door jam measurement put him at 27 1/4 inches tall.


Wes loves cereal (especially Life and Rice Crispies,) pineapple, veggie sticks, yogurt and oranges. He will still sometimes take "baby" food by spoon, and tries to feed himself whenever you let him. On average he sleeps 9p-7a or so and is trying to give up his afternoon nap. Some days he will take one, some not. I need the long morning nap to get the big barn cleaned... so I'm not going to fight too hard. It is better for me if he will sleep 2 hours once a day as opposed to an hour twice. I looked up the definition of "toddler" the other day. It simply means "one who toddles." I think that means Wes is no longer a "baby!" Sniff. Sniff. It went way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment