Saturday, October 16, 2010

Homesewn Kitchen Curtain

We are down to the final details in the kitchen (crown molding is last on the list!) and yesterday we had a nasty rainy day so Bill's Mom came over to help me sew up my kitchen curtain. I am so happy with how it came out!

My Mom and I had picked out this fabric last week, but she had a lot going on and wasn't able to help me sew. I was going to wing it on my own but Bill's Mom volunteered to "get me started." She was invaluable. It's a curtain sewn right. She was so careful of the pattern, making sure the plaid lined up right, if I had done it, it would have been messy... she had me pressing and pinning and measuring! It may be a little silly to have such a small valance, but it came out just the way I wanted it! It covers up the fact that the microwave and stove don't align, and doesn't block too much view. I am so proud of it, what a great rainy day project! Beth had the great idea to make valances to match for the dining room windows, but that's a project for another day!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Alex - the curtain looks perfect! I can't wait to have a cup of coffee in your new kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You twqo did such a great job! I nver would have made the plaids match, lol!! it really does look perfect and I thnk she is right- we should go get more fabric for the dinig room windows, plus how about a wee little valance for the door window????

    ReplyDelete