Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vet visit number ?!

Beau saw the vets over at the clinic yesterday- basically the surgeon looked at him and suggested we wait another week or 2 to see how it will begin to heal on its own. With the cellulitis ever present, making more incisions there, especially when the tissue is already swollen didn't seem to be warranted. So. That was all. They want him on a full 8 weeks of doxy, so I was able to buy a case (and save myself $84!!) as he will need 3,500 more pills before this is behind us!

The results of the x-rays (Honey do you read this?!) were good, no bone involved... so I'm happy about that. He will stay on the antibiotic for 5 more weeks, and 1gr bute daily. We will continue to keep it wrapped and stack wrap the leg at night, cold hose (20mins) and hand walk (15mins for now, we will increase as we go) for at least another 4 weeks... So, all in all a ride over there to have him looked at and prescribe exactly what we have been doing! But, I'm ok with that.... I want too sure I liked the idea of making the hole bigger!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! So much has happened while i have been gone!! Poor Beau!! At least it seems like it will heal up okay. Such a strange place to have an abscess. I have never seen one on the hock like that. So strange. Beau sure lucked out with a mom like you. You take such good care of him. Keep us updated with his progress. Hopefully it won't take beau too long to get back to his normal self.

    ReplyDelete