Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Can you take the heat?!

Things around here have been pretty status quo. Bill and Billy have the bug that had plagued Olivia and Savanna (did I mention it turned into pneumonia for poor Savy?) and Bill seems to be hit worse. Or is it that men are much bigger babies then the rest of us?! I have all my fingers crossed that I don't come down with it...

Beau has been holding his own- despite the fact that it is finally "summer" hot- we have had a string of 5 days in the 90s... All of the horses are pretty miserable, so he is dealing well I believe. Yesterday I almost called to get clearance to ride one of his 15 minute walks (which the PT allowed us to do last time) but today he has a puffy spot just up and to the right of the hole... I lost the ability to flush that side of the wound a few days ago, so I suspect there is still stuff that needs to drain... but now it has "healed" itself in. Sigh. I'll call in the morning to see what we should do... but its going to be tough with our planned storyland trip at the end of the week. The plan for now is that Bill is going to stay home to Dr. the pony boy and work the 2 days (he had to shuffle clients around due to being ill) but it's a lot to ask- especially when he is not feeling great.

The dogs have fleas. They wear frontline- I put it on every month...religiously... I started in March this year. It is very frustrating...but I'm almost too hot to care! We have been vacuuming and changing sheets. I'm hopeful we can keep them out of the carpets. I certainly don't need that to deal with! Oliver has more than Otis, I think his shorter coat and propensity for the pond have held them at bay. It's not a bad infestation, but I know these things can get out of hand quickly, so I don't want to mess around!

Do I sound like a bad country song? My man is sick, my horse is lame and my dogs have fleas?! You know you want to be me... come on. Any takers?! A day in the life... Summer vacation ends in exactly 2 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! We have no fleas on the floor yet, and I have one more Frontline- I'll do it today! Twang, twang...

    ReplyDelete