Sunday, August 9, 2009

The hole

So, finally Bill has my computer back together and I can show you the aftermath of the abscess that popped out Beau's left hind. This is the hock, with the hole from a few days ago. It pretty much looks the same today... but I don't have a more recent picture- sorry!
He goes in tomorrow to have them reevaluate it and most likely put in a drain. They are going to sedate him again and see how far it really extends medially and then cut in a spot for a drain. I'm bummed that we have to go back yet again, but I do want them to keep on top of it and the faster we can get it to heal, the faster we can get on with all of this... We also are going to discuss with the surgeon the possibility that this abscess was a pocket of infection left over from the last episode, and not an unrelated relapse. I hope to get some sort of an idea of what this means for recovery time... our Acadia trip is looming

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that is incredible. I hope your vet appt. goes well and he is on the mend :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - the anonymous was Kelley - I selected the wrong profile on the drop down ;)

    ReplyDelete