Thursday, July 2, 2009

Providence?

I had planned to get up and load Beau and Squeeke for a trip to the nearest indoor first thing this morning- I am so tired of all this rain (we are going on three straight weeks of it- with no real end in sight!) and Bill needed the truck and trailer this afternoon. Well, as I called to let the owner know we were coming it turned from a light drizzle to a full on downpour! "There goes riding" Savanna said- and I knew she was right. I just didn't have it in me to lug all our gear and load it up in the rain- let alone hitch the trailer up and try to load horses. I was bummed, and so was Savanna!

Then this afternoon, we had a lull in the rain and I thought Id take the opportunity to hitch up so Bill wouldn't get soaked when he readied for his client this evening. When I got into the truck and started to back up things felt funny. Well, with all the mud I thought I had just slipped a little, so I pulled forward and when I went to step on the brakes the pedal went all the way to the floor! I was so glad I had not tried to haul this morning, as we had lost the rear brake line! Yikes- I think fate kept me home this morning- what a disaster that would have been!!

Bill worked most of the evening and got the old line off and mostly finished putting the new one in. He thinks a few more hours and he will have it complete! It's so nice to have a handy hubby that can fix stuff like this, 'cause I sure need to get a ride in ASAP! That is, if Beau hasn't grown webbed hooves by then! And next time, instead of being grumpy about "ruined" plans, I am going to try to be more aware of "things happen for a reason."

1 comment:

  1. I think I have been having the same lesson... everything in good time and in it's time... maybe the rain has taught us both something.... I didn't ride either yesterday... but looks pretty bright this am!!!!

    ReplyDelete