Thursday, July 2, 2009

More Vacation Pictures

We spent the week last week at a nice resort in the Catskills with Bill's parents. It was pretty far out there- almost to the Pennsylvania border, but there was plenty to do on site- we rock climbed, shot paint balls, rode go carts and bumper boats. We played boccie, shuffleboard, went bowling and visited a self sustaining farm. We also took the tour at the Bethel Arts Museum and saw the Woodstock exhibit!
There were three outdoor pools, and an indoor one too! We had a few real nice days (quite a treat after all the rain we had at home!) The kids enjoyed the water slides and outdoor attractions! I had a nice time laying around watching them- and I did take the opportunity to sip the first frozen drink o' the season- a virgin pina colata ;)

It was nice to be away from the drizzle and rain, but I did miss the critters terribly. I know the kids had a real good time and I am thankful that in this economy it was something we were still able to do for them. I hope they are old enough to really remember it later- I know it was important especially to Grandma and Grandpa that we get to spend the time together!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, can't believe those pictures are from a phone! I especially love the picture of billy and bill in the car~ sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures from a phone - I wish mine was that good! Looks like you had a great time. I am sure that they will remember the trip - I hope that more come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun vacation!!! And your phone takes great pictures!! I got a new iphone!! I was so excited about it! But I got the smaller one and then the new one came out and so I went to trade it in for the bigger better one......they didn't have it. Sigh....so they ordered me one and now I am waiting and using a Go Phone while I wait. But those new phones take GREAT pictures!! Your trip sounded like fun!

    ReplyDelete