Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A new day

Well- through the afternoon yesterday Beau's temp was up and down... He had his meds at 6:30 and from there the mercury began to drop! I'm not willing to say we have stabilized yet- but into the early am we went down into the 100.s and twice this morning he has been in the 99s.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it is a hopeful sign. I just wonder if we will get 6 days into this course and have the same thing happen... He goes this afternoon for an ultrasound to rule out anything in there we may have missed (pocket of infection) and for some blood work to rule out various systemic diseases. Other than those treatments he will come home. I am very fearful of getting there and agreeing to more then we can afford... We have agreed to brig him home, and let Mother Nature work her magic. The body is a beautiful design, and I hope that Beau can fight this with whatever assistance I can offer.

The plan is to rule these things out, then treat him at home with whatever antibiotics we find effective. I am also going to ask about topical antibiotics and surpass, which we used last time. I really hope we can get this cleared up, but I am still guarded. I never expected to have to deal with something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment