Friday, May 1, 2009

More Excitement

The three amigos got to go out on grass today! They only had 45 minutes since none of them has had more than hand grazing so far this spring. Beau did race around for a moment or two when they first went out, but then settled to the job at hand; Eating!! All was good, until Squeeke and Beau found the log that connects this meadow with the front paddock and headed up towards the house. They must have jumped into the paddock and I guess chubby Sonny didn't want to do it. He got left on the "wrong" side and got himself rather worked up! I find it hilarious that the invalid and the little legger hopped the log, and the only one with any jump training got stuck! It was hose downs and vetrolin sprays all around after their little outing, I'm sure it was more then Beau should have done! I'll try to get them out again tomorrow- maybe when somebody else is here...I want to slowly get them more grass time- but I was too stressed trying to watch Beau and then having to deal with the big palomino! Another bother is that Squeeke's pony sized fly mask is too small... I'll either have to add more velcro to extend the straps, or get her another one. I'm bummed! What pony doesn't fit into pony sized gear?! Geeze.

And in other news, I rode TWICE today! I was so psyched- 40 minutes in the saddle. Yahooo! And this afternoon we even did some dressage work at the walk- a bit of "collecting"- some walk on contact. Some small lateral movements off my legs- just a step here or there. He is still a bit stiff and "lookey" but I don't care. I'm just so glad to be up!

1 comment:

  1. Who's idea was it do you think to jump the log?? I thought Squeek wa supposed to be the calming influence?!? If it was Beaus idea to get into the other meadow, then I think he is just about done being an invalid!

    ReplyDelete