Friday, May 22, 2009

Fast forward to summer


Yesterday the temps topped out up over 90 degrees. It certainly felt like summer around here! I only got Beau on the line once- it was just too hot! He got clearance for 5 mins of trotting twice a day- on the lunge line. So, we walk out to the back side of the field to use the level area there for our sessions. He was a bit unsure when we first started- it was a bit of back to basics for him. But, after a few days he seems to remember just fine! I also think that some of it is a bit of herd separation anxiety. It was beginning to be a problem last fall and I bet some of him inattentiveness and distraction is from that too- not just being rusty! He looks pretty good right?! This is with the left leg on the inside, so I'm pretty happy with the push here- but we shall see what the vets say on tuesday when he goes back to the clinic. In an effort to keep the mister happy, I left Poke and Anna in the field while we worked- this way he had no excuses to be naughty. Id like to address some of the separation issues, but when we are rehabbing doesn't seem like the right time. I just want to keep him calm and quiet and keep up with the program they have given me to ensure the best possible outcome!
In the afternoon, I rode- just around the yard and fields. Then, since it was so hot Beau had a bath! He really needed it- he has a very dandery coat and a whole winters worth of crud was suds out! I'm hapy with the start, but it will be a few more soapings until he is really squeeky clean!




2 comments:

  1. Has he ever worked out in his high heels before? You might need to give him some time to adapt to the foot fall with those shoes on! Of course, I know nothing and can see nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, look at Beau!! He looks good! Such an awesome extension and collection! Old pro! I am glad he is doing better!

    I can't believe you found a five leaf clover! That is crazy! I have never found a four leaf one! Lucky gal you!! And I hope it's luck rubs off on Beau!

    ReplyDelete