Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Well- it's Monday gain. How did that happen? I swear, time flies! My Aunt Linda passed suddenly last week, so I unexpectedly had to spend Friday and Saturday in New Jersery. Em and Dad and I drove down in time for a gathering Friday night then after the memorial luncheon Saturday Em and I booked it back. I was a long haul, but I wanted to be there with my family. Bill did Beau for me, I was apprehensive about leaving, but they did fine! I think a few days off from looking at it did me good- he seems to be doing well. Our vet will be out for round one of spring shots tomorrow- I'll have her look at it and that will make me feel better about pushing back his Clinic visit another 2 weeks. I'm trying to save some $$!

Mother's day we had brunch here at the house. Both our Mom's were able to come, so that was nice. It's odd being a "step" Mom on mother's day... I never really know how to celebrate with my kiddos. I just did a breakfast and then we hung out, we had a nice time and I got a pot of flowers and a chicken pie from the local farm stand (so I wouldn't have to cook dinner) plus a cute magnet Billy made at school. Cards and crafts from the kids are always cute. We took the horses for a walk, and Bill hauled my Mom and Jayson on the trailer behind the 4-wheeler so they could go too. I love hanging out with my family- its was the perfect way to spend the day. In case I haven't said it lately- I have the best Mom around, and am so lucky to have her! If papercrafting is your thing... check out her blog. Ok, check it out even if papercrafting isn't your thing. She makes some pretty cool stuff. http://www.bethscards.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day to me!! It's fun to have a nice relaxed family day. Just hanging out and having fun. Glad you had a wonderful day.

    I am so sorry about your Aunt. So sudden like that, how sad. I hope your family is doing okay.

    I went over and checked out your mom's cards!! She is great!! Such a crafty woman!! Loved them!!

    ReplyDelete