Monday, May 4, 2009

Carrying On

We are continuing with the routine. I walk Beau once or twice under saddle each day, and hand walk the other sessions. He has had some hand grazing- but no more time in the field after the last jumping expedition. Having gone to the every third day wrap schedule, there is noticeably more "puff" in the hock (which is to be expected) which I don't like... but we need to continue to wean off the support. I am considering taking him off farm this weekend (shhh. don't tell the vets!) he feels great at the walk, and even if we just go someplace and do 20mins there, I'd be happy. I'm getting a little tired of our driveway!
Savanna wore breeches to school again today...

I really enjoy having her along for my "rides"
(Billy was out photographer- want to guess how many shots of horsie hiney I have on the camera tonight?!)


3 comments:

  1. Alex, that last photo of you and Savanna smiling is just the sweetest. If you blow it up, Squeek has a piece of hay sticking out of her mouth- so funny! blown up, I can see Beau's left hock is a bit bigger in the front... could just be the photo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you two are able to ride together. How exciting that Beau is able to be ridden light. That must be better than hand walking. I love how Savanna wears her breeches to school. I wish my kids were that excited about riding.

    ReplyDelete