Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is my Luck changing?!

My friend Sue recently posted on her blog http://sweetgrassfarmkennel.blogspot.com/ about a lucky clover she "caught" in her shoe while walking across the field. I took the time to post in the comments on that day because 4 leafed clovers and I are somehow linked. It's one of those things you would share on a "10 things you might not know about me" questionnaires. Yup, it's true. I find lucky clovers ALL the time. Some people even think it's odd how many and how often I find them. I like to think its just that I look down a lot and have an eye for detail... but whatever the case may be, its fact that I find many more than the "average" person. It's not an exaggeration to say that every time I look, I find one- and I find them all the time without looking. Well. After Sue's post, and some serious time spent hand grazing and hosing, it dawned on me that so far this spring that I hadn't found any. I even tried on more than one occasion. It was frustrating. I'm the one who can ALWAYS find them. And now, this spring when I sure could use some good luck, none. Well, after reading Sue's post I started to worry. I haven't found one since all this started with Beau. Well- then I was on a mission. I HAD to find one. We need luck- bad!
Today after putting the 3 amigos out to pasture, I stopped to blow dandelions in the yard, and as I walked back towards the house. This is what I found. Still no 4 leafer- but how about 5?!
Then I did what I always do with 4 leafed clovers. I fed it to a horse! Beau that is. He needs the luck. Show prepping was where I first noticed my affinity for clover finding. Taking all that time to bathe and get ready means a lot more time standing around in the barn yard and well, I find clovers when I stand around in the grass. I started my feeding 4 leafed clovers as a show ritual. Now I can't show without finding and feeding a 4 leafed clover- otherwise, I'm sure we won't place well... it's an extra boost to have the luck on the inside of your horse you know!! Here's hoping that the 5 leafed one did us some good, it's about time for a turn of luck!!

2 comments:

  1. well see, I just think the four leaf clovers were hiding "knowing that you really needed a FIVE leaf one!!!" now that you had him... the rest will appear for certain........ we're all on the mend now, this weather has got to be proof of that!!!! and the hardy ones got thru old man winter again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! beoe needs it.... trust me

    ReplyDelete