Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Billy Rides

Billy wanted to "ride" today. It's not often that he wants to get on a horse. So, yesterday morning when he came down ready for school with a pair of folded britches in his hand and left them by the back door, I knew he was for real. He asked if he could ride after school and I said sure- he said "good, 'cause I found some riding pants in my room." Ok then. Unfortunately it rained yesterday, so a ride was out.
But today- Yup he got his chance! Savanna led him up and down the driveway while I walked Beau. He was super happy! A few weeks ago he came down to our room crying one morning because Savanna told him he couldn't ride Squeeke. I told him to ignore her- that it wasn't true. And then- get this: he said "No, she said in the Pony Club Manuel it says that I can't ride Squeeke." I just about cried it was so funny! Poor little guy. Click to enlarge the top shot- his toothless grin is priceless. And yes Cindi- his breeches come up to his knees! Like all of his pants these days- they are too short

4 comments:

  1. Kids come up with the most creative lies. I used to get really excited when my kids wanted to ride, because usually when I offered to work with them, they declined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so sweet when my kids actually ask to ride. It makes me get all excited. I normally have to BEG to get anyone to ride with me. And it was nice of his sister to lead him around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never "get over" the joy I feel when I see kids and ponies...... one day soon, I hope that we will have that "same picture" on our farm... course, that will be with grandbabies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete