Monday, February 27, 2012

Another Construction Update

One of the major changes in the house thus far has actually been upstairs!  When we put in the new stairs, I will loose my old pantry space (under the exisiting stairs) which I have been using for auxilery pantry, coat and storage closet.  We are tight for space as it is, I can not loose storage!!
 So, I lost about 2 1/2 feet into the dining room and gained back some closet space!  I will now have a large coat closet (on the left) and a pantry/storage (on the right) too!
 This is the old "pantry" all cleaned out and ready for it's transition...
Which began today!  The floor came down and we were left with a large hole where the stairs will go!

The garage has undergone a major clean out, but I didn't take before pictures.  This space will be the new "den."  Truth be told, I suspect the promise of a man cave is just as motivating as the 9 month ticker running down...!
 Moving the electrical wiring and radient floor heat tubes was a serious process.  Honestly, I looked at it all and was pretty sure he should just throw up his hands and quit.  But, a few evenings and afternoons were spent working thru it all, and it was good to go today when he needed to cut out that area! 
The new dividing wall went in, the back side there will be the den once all gets said and done.  I'm pretty sure that by the end of the work day tomorrow (Dad is coming) we will have stairs!  Soon enough they will have to cut thru the wall into the basement, and then the spiral can come out!  There is still a lot of mudding (and then prime and paint) but everything has atleast a first coat, and most has been done twice.  It's really a huge project, but it's coming along!  

3 comments:

  1. Great progress, and yes a huge project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bill you are on FIRE !!! Looks awesome what a big year for the Houston Family cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I cannot believe how much progress Bill and your Dad are making - they are really incredible :)

    ReplyDelete