Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

After a white Halloween we woke up to a white Thanksgiving too!  I'm not sure what that means for Christmas, but I've got my fingers crossed~  We had Thanksgiving dinner here at our house after a big brunch up at the farm house. The boys and men went "over the river and thru the woods" or, more specifically up the hill and thru the field!  Beth had made a wonderful morning meal, and it was such a nice way to start the day!  After all that eating, I had to get the turkey in the oven... but it was a fun, filling day with the whole family around!  Baby Nick did great with his carrots, another 1st Thanksgiving meal for a "Houston" baby this year.
We opted to arrange the tables side by side as we numbered 20 (with Nick and Wes not getting chairs) The food was all very good (too much as usual) and the company grand. The kids were all very well behaved and everyone seemed to have a good time!
 Topping my Thankful list this year: our new barn and Krista and Brad's upcoming baby!
Writing this a few days late, I can say that the only issue (in addition to the need for more fridge space) with our dinner was that there must have been a bug in the house... by Saturday night everyone but us 6 and my Mom and Dad had a stomach thing.  I'm also thankful that we were spared!

No comments:

Post a Comment