Monday, September 28, 2009

24 weeks- Whats in a name?!

So, another week passes and we are closer than ever to having our baby boy! I have been spending a lot of time lately (too much time actually) looking online at various sites trying to decide on a diaper solution. We (well, mostly I) want to use cloth diapers- and there is quite a range of options and styles to choose from... It has been fun trying to imagine what it is going to be like once he is here- and what diapers I should pick! I also need to get going on making lists and starting to budget for the major purchases. He will be rooming with Bill and I, so no nursery set... but we still need plenty of stuff!

I am also getting a bit anxious about name choices although Bill is significantly more laid back... he says we should just wait and see. Me, I want to call him something... top 2 contenders thus far are:

Westley Alexander: Wes would continue the WAH initials which are tradition. All the males on Bill's side are William A... and we have yet to have the issue of 2 boys in one family... so what to do?! do we keep WAH as initials?? even though he won't be a William??

and

Benjamin Jack: Billy and Ben just sounds so darn cute to me! I have always loved Ben... even before there was a baby I dreamed about baby Ben... Jack was my "god father" and I love the name too.

I also like Ethan and Evan, Savanna likes Zachary and Bill likes Ty. Bill's Dad suggested Zachary Tyler, as there is a family connection to Zachary Taylor the President. Bill's Mom had a brother Dean who passed as a teenager, and it would be a nice nod to her side if we were able to use that somehow... I just can't come up with anything... We still have time, but I would like to be able to call him something other than baby!

He has been very active lately- both Bill and Billy have been able to feel him move- The past few evenings, when we snuggle in the big chair at night I have had the kids trying to feel... Billy got a good kick a few nights ago, Savanna tried a bit last night, but he was pretty still. Bill has gotten to feel 2 good thumps- so I'm pretty sure they will be able to feel him from the outside fairly well in the coming weeks! Having never done this before, I can't say for sure... but this little one seems to move around a bit! It's getting pretty exciting! We have a Drs. appointment and our first birthing class next week- I have a feeling that things will roll along pretty quickly!

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Alex.. I like every name that you have thought of.. so I guess I am no help in that department!!! glad Sadie came up with Abbie's name and didn't require our help with that... and since baby Abbie is done within two weeks... yes, it will go fast.. too fast.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Westley is usually Wesley, I think. I like Baby Ben the best, I think. Westley Alexander seems a bit much. Evan is good, too. Really? I like Joseph- Baby Joey...Billy and Joe. Well, Billy and Ben is very cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill's Mom HATED joey- some sort of association issue... can't remember who, but she had a Joey she could't stand at some point... me, i think its pretty cute, Bill is luke warm though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Westley!!! It's different and I really like it. It's kinda Cowboy like!! I like the "t" in it.

    My sister loved the name Ben too. She named her boy Benson, and calls him Ben.

    I love boy names. They are so fun!! My two boys are Clayton and Lane. Lane was named after the bullrider, Lane Frost. My husband is a HUGE fan. Lane's middle name is Wyatt. Which I LOVED that name. It was going to be his first name until at the last minute my husband changed it. But after going through labor, I told him "whatever you want honey". Man those drugs make you do silly things!! HA ha ha!!

    But my favorite is Westley!!!

    ReplyDelete