Saturday, October 6, 2012

Catty-pilly

Poppie found us a Monarch caterpillar and we spent a few weeks this fall watching it.  We fed it fresh milkweed and were so happy when he made a chrysalis.  It took longer than I remembered for him to make the changed... I was about to give up on him when he turned black.  I am disappointed that I didn't get any pictures until the day he "hatched"

Even though we had talked about it, Wes was still sad when we had to let him go.  He talked about every little bug and critter as "my friend."  Catty-pilly was no exception...  we talked long and hard about it and decided putting him out on the deck was the right thing to do!  Hopefully he made it to Mexico~ despite the sadness what a fun project this was for us... I'm betting Pop will find another one next fall and we can watch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment