Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Conway Mini-Vacation

The kids and I went up to the Conway Cabin with Grandma and Poppie for a mini vacation! I was glad to take a few days off from barn chores, and just hang out! We had had a long stretch of very hot weather, and even though the heat wave had broken, we had some nice beach weather (and finally some ok sleeping!)


After spending the first day at Conway Lake, we had a nice dinner and campfire. Em was up for the day, and the boys stayed after she left. I know Mom and Dad enjoy the quiet and peace up at the cabin- but I'm sure they enjoy having the Grand kids too!


The next day we went down to Weston Beach on the Saco river. Wes was thrilled with this pool filled with tadpoles and minnows! He was so cute looking down into the water at them all. He was trying to say "fishes" and screeching at them.

The older kids spent quite a long while just sitting there letting the "fishes" eat off their legs. Jayson was taking pictures for me, and got these cute shots for me:







We had a nice picnic lunch and the Big kids and I floated a ways down the river. I haven't been on the Saco for a while, so it was fun to enjoy the river a bit. I'm hopeful we will get a canoe trip fit in some time this summer.



After two days of fun in the sun (and a tad bit of outlet shopping!) we spent our final day at Story land! I love the season passes- we can head over any time. This trip was great since the new ride was open and all the kids were anxious to try it out! This is a wet/water ride for sure- and the kids had a blast... literally!

The kids were great making sure Wes had his turn on some of the little rides. He was pretty cute~



It was fun getting away for a while, and I hope we can get back up there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment