Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

There are many things I have to be thankful for this year, but I am most appreciative of a healthy pregnancy (ok, minus the leg ordeal!) and my amazing family! Between Bill and I we have quite a crew living nearby, and I am so glad to have all of them in my life- Thursday afforded us the opportunity to all gather for am amazing meal and some quality time together!

With a large communal effort, we hosted- I had much help with the cleaning, cooking, setting up, serving, and cleaning! Everyone pitched in and did a part- and the meal went off without a hitch! We had 15 (Krista and Brad were stuck in traffic on the way to his parents and ended up late to our house- we missed them for the dinner- but they had plates full when they arrived, and then we did dessert together)




In addition to the turkey, Anna made a roast, so with the two meats and many many sides there was plenty to eat, and it was all delicious! I must admit I ate a rather large plate full... After the fact, when I realized there was only so much room in my belly for a baby AND a Thanksgiving feast I wished I had taken it a bit easier- but man oh man it was a great meal!



Savanna is in photo club at school, and one of this weeks "assignments" was a group picture (with people) so she organized us for a family shot- minus herself, as she was behind the lens... we have my Mom and Dad, Bill's Mom and Dad, the 4 of us, My sister and Brother in Law and their boys, and Bills sister and brother in law. This was the crew for this year, next year there will be one more...




1 comment:

  1. yay u used my piC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete