Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy Weekend

I'm resting up today- we had a really busy weekend, and I think I may have overdone it... so today it is back to the chair for me! I have some laundry that needs to be done, and will have to bake a birthday treat for school tomorrow later on but otherwise I'm trying to stay off my foot!

Friday was Savanna's family party- she chose quiche (for the second year in a row!) for her birthday dinner- so between making 2 of those, and cleaning and decorating from my wheelie chair- not to mention the party itself, I was pretty pooped at the end of the day. My Mom slept over and helped with clean up etc, so it was really quite manageable. Then Saturday Savanna wanted a trip to the mall as her major gift from my Mom... so off we went! I wheeled around, and Savanna had a ball. She got some cool clothes and a second set of holes in her ears... she is thrilled with herself! Bill and I got her a loft bed with a desk underneath- so between all of that, she had a pretty great b-day! And the real day isn't even until tomorrow... Yipes! Double digits here we come!

Yesterday Mom drove me down to Mass for Kelley's baby shower. After 2 long days it was a third big event, but I really wanted to go! I have promised a quilt for Kelley and Geoff way back from their wedding- so knew I wanted to at least get a baby one done. Mom helped me get it finished and we were able to have it for her at the shower. I am thrilled for them- their baby boy is due 3 weeks before ours, and I'm so happy to have somebody to share all of this with! I have been just about as compulsive about checking her Babies-r-us registry as I have been about checking mine! Her friends and family were very generous and she go some cute stuff! Seeing her there (as well as another college friend who is also pregnant) really got me excited for my shower.... I know its coming up!

3 comments:

  1. I think it was a fun but tiring weekend, too, lol... bed and chair today for both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could only imagine being in a wheelchair and getting all that done. You are wonder woman! Even though you are a bit tired now I am sure it was all worth it. And baby showers are the MOST fun ever! I love going to them and I love seeing all the tiny baby clothes!! I hope you are doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds crazy! My weekends are usually like that, minus the chair. You must be a true cowgirl to make it through all that!

    ReplyDelete