Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hanging in there

The days are passing... slowly and sometimes painfully so, but passing none-the less. I now count down in weeks for the leg, and up in weeks for the baby! I am at 30 weeks 2 days on baby count... and getting VERY excited for showers and such and at 3 weeks 5 days before the next ortho appointment. With a baby shower to attend soon and mine on the horizon?!, Savanna's 10th b-day next week, Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping and the holiday rush; I am looking to all that needs to be done and wondering how it will all happen. I know it will fall into place nicely, and I'm sure we will make it thru just fine... but I am certainly "busy" in my head as I continue to sit around taking one day at a time and thrilling over small victories~ yesterday I washed my own hair!

We will start physical therapy on the rest of my body (everything BUT the right leg) next week, at the request of my OB who is worried about the risks of such a sedentary lifestyle (I was pleased with my minimal 3lb weight gain last appt. after doing nothing but sitting and eating for a month!) for laboring and caring for an new born. We will also start back with birthing classes which were put on hold when the accident happened. I have been shopping on-line for all my cloth diapering needs, and today, home for Veteran's day, Savanna spent some time diapering and dressing a menagerie of stuffed critters. She wanted to "practice!" It was too cute!

I miss the fall air, and sometimes look out the windows and lament the perfect riding days I am missing, but I know I must do as prescribed so I heal well and will be ready for the baby... There is a lot going on, I keep fairly busy and am much more mobile- getting good with my crutches and wheeled desk chair and on outings my Mom got a nice wheel chair with a leg lift, so I can comfortably be out for an hour or two... assuming somebody drives me and totes all my gear! This will pass though, and soon enough I'll be back on my feet, and not too much longer before we have a baby in arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment