Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy 40th

Today is Bill's birthday... I'm trying desperately to upload a photo from my phone... but it just won't cooperate- so I'm using this one Savanna took of Bill on our Acadia trip. He looks like a goof ball, but this is his "happy shirt" and is exactly how I picture him in my head... sexy? Maybe not. However, this is MY Bill; wearing his "day off" clothes and playing around with the kids... My favorite look

So, it's true, he turned the big 4-0 today, and wasn't too thrilled about it. We had a quiet day planned with the kids- a small family party and formal fox hunt with his parents. Then we found out that the kiddos biological mother was coming... why she chose THIS weekend I'll never know... but it is her court appointed weekend for sleepover visitation (she has one each month... has she taken them at all in any of the other 11 months this year?! NOOOO!! But, Bill's birthday.... ugg. don't get me started!) He was pretty bummed about not being able to spend it with them, so we took it even more low key that I had originally planned. We did a brunch with his parents and one sister yesterday before the kids left and did manage to squeeze in a cake before she arrived. Then we went to a movie last night and after letting him sleep in this morning we went up for the potluck at the hunt... which was fine with me. It poured yesterday, and I knew the footing wold be bad. Plus, i don't fit into my boots or jacket... so the formal aspect of the hunt was proving to be difficult for me anyhow! After a nice lunch and another cake, we spent the afternoon shopping at Sears- we got the snow blower attachment for the new lawn tractor we purchased earlier this summer. A large birthday present for him, and hopefully a clear driveway all winter for me! We also looked over some baby stuff and I got a better idea of some of the things he wants- which is good as I planned to do the registry this week.

I know that this wasn't at all the day he had in mind, but I hope that as he eased into the next decade he was able to relax a little and enjoy himself, and I hope he knows how excited and lucky I feel to be heading into this new year with him! I can only image what 40 feels like (I've got another 10 years to go!) and I know he didn't feel like making a big deal of it, but in my opinion it is a big deal. And I'm so glad we get to experience all that this new chapter has to offer, it is really going to be an amazing year for us! Happy birthday honey- I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Bday to Bill, Kas and Nate share this day with him as it is their fourth wedding anniversary!!! 40 is fun, as I look at the big 5-0 my next b day, I would consider trading!!!! sorry that the day didn't go exactly to plan, but a "family" is a day to day, not a certain day... it's the way that you all live, and your children know it, I see their beautiful bright faces, I see their happiness.. and now, baby #1/4... life is good!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! What about 6-0???? Happy B-Day to Bill. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete