Monday, October 5, 2009

Shades of My Day

The kids are back in school. The cool evenings have arrived. Most of the bugs are gone. The horses are starting to get their fluffy winter coats. The trails are a blaze in color. It's official... Fall has arrived in New England.
The reds and oranges and yellows are amazing... my pictures do them no justice, the leaves are gorgeous this year. Beau and I enjoyed a nice walk on the trails this morning, and it was beautiful! He was a bit wound up; I have not ridden since our beach ride last week, and he wasn't too sure about going out alone. The wind was blowing, leaves falling as we went along. I knew I needed to be careful, he felt a bit unpredictable, but the call of the fall leaves was more than I could bear!

Fall is certainly my favorite time of year (remind me of that come may or June when I say spring is my favorite) I love the crisp feeling in the air, the bug free rides, the show Mother Nature puts on for us. It won't be too long before winter is upon us, I must get out and enjoy as much of it now as I can! He really was a good boy, and I was so glad to soak up some of the many shades of the season.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, the leaves this year are the best in about 3 or 4. Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete