Saturday, July 20, 2013

6-29-13. Wyatt is one!

I'm behind on my blogging big time. I'm almost a month late, but Wyatt is still growing and changing despite my bad posting! I had really been looking forward to his birthday- finally a "summer" baby!
However, the weather just wouldn't cooperate for my beach birthday party. Boo. I had planned a fun day at Fort Foster- but we ended up just having everyone here instead! He was a bit out of sorts, but all in all managed well. I thought it was a fun afternoon, and I'm always glad to get together with our family and friends.



Given that I had planned for a beach party my "theme" was a sort of beach/carnival.  Lacking the beach itself we sort of just went with it. I made his cake (and a large one to match) based off the polka dot invitations I had sent out. It was my first attempt with fondant, and I was happy with the way it turned out.



Our guests included Keke, Ali and Delainy Blaisdel, Arlene, Kelley, Sam and Charlotte, Jon and Mary Leeke, Linda, Mommom and Sam, grandma and grandpa Houston, auntie Anna and uncle Eddie and Nic as well as poppy, grandma Beth, Em, Kaleb and Jayson.









I'm so happy with our littlest man. He reminds me of Savanna in a lot of ways. He is pretty loud- he really vocalizes his needs. He also can be quite dramatic and demanding. He is a huge love though, and is a real Mamma's boy right now.






It's so hard to believe its been a year already. Time sure does fly! He isn't really a baby any more I suppose, a toddler thru and thru! I'm so thankful for him, and wonder where he will go and what amazing things he will do! Happy first birthday Wy!

No comments:

Post a Comment