Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I spoke too soon

Well. I know this horse ended up in my life for a reason. I think the universe is trying to teach me a serious lesson in patience and acceptance of things beyond my control.

With this being the last clear day for a while (plus we will be on vacation next week) I was anxious to get back on Beau. So I popped out of my PJs and into britches... but Beau is lame again. Good grief. Today it is right hind, and I suspect he may have gotten a stone bruise or just ouchied himself in some other way on the trail yesterday- there were a few washed out spots that were rather rocky. Sigh. He spent the day in with a gram of bute, and Bill ran home to check him over with the hoof testers- nothing showed up, and he is weight bearing and just a little "off" so I hope he will be feeling better and ready for hind shoes tomorrow!

1 comment: